Centropolis composts the residues gathered up during the maintenance of its various landscaping activities. Once these materials are transformed into compost, they are spread in the garden near the fountain as well as in the various flower gardens on the site.
The administrative operations managed by Centropolis already include numerous measures inspired by the principle of the 3R’s (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle).
- Purchase of paper with 30% recycled content.
- Purchase of stationary containing recycled materials.
- Purchase of two new compactors (for PGM and for paper and cardboard) in order to adequately respond to demand.
- Reduction in the use of paper in the administration office by printing documents on both sides.
- The sending of virtual Christmas and birthday greeting cards.
- Recycling of ink cartridges.
- Paper recycling in the offices with individual wastepaper baskets at each workstation and a large container near the photocopier. The housekeeping services empty these containers.
- Centropolis has a recycling program with all tenants (PGM and paper/cardboard).
- Waste reduction. We recycled about 80.7 tons of paper and cardboard, and 88.4 tons of plastic, glass and metal in 2009.
In 2009, Centropolis was named a winner at the 28th Dunamis of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Laval (Laval’s chamber of commerce and industry), in the category of sustainable development, thanks to its program for recycling and the reduction of water and energy consumption. The Mayor of Laval, Mr. Vaillancourt, presented this prize. Centropolis distinguished itself through the implementation of an environmental management plan that applied responsible use and pro-environmental policies in the management of its buildings and with its tenants.